July 17, 2019 Albion, MI (AMN) — Albion & Surrounding Areas. Friday and Saturday will have high temperatures in the upper 90s close to 100. The heat index will peak at 102 to 112 each day.Today will start becoming hot and humid and the high temp is expected to be 93 degrees. Showers and storms are expected in the evening. Friday is looking to be the hottest day of the year with a high temperature of 98 degrees and a heat index nearing 115 degrees.
☀️ Reminder ☀️
EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 8 PM EDT SATURDAY. The National Weather Service in Grand Rapids has issued an Excessive Heat Warning…which is in effect from noon today to 8 PM EDT Saturday.
** HAZARDOUS WEATHER **
* Heat indices will approach 100 degrees today and exceed 105 degrees Friday and Saturday.
* Overnight low temperatures in the mid to upper 70s with continued muggy conditions will provide little relief from the heat.
* Heat illnesses are likely for those spending prolonged periods
outside or in non-air conditioned environments. The heat is most dangerous to the elderly and young children.
* Non-air conditioned car interiors will reach lethal
temperatures in minutes.
* Direct sun on pets and other animals will accentuate chances for heat illnesses.
* Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible…reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and
heat stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink plenty of water.
* To reduce risk during outdoor work the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest
breaks in shaded or air Conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency…call 9 1 1.
~Albion Michigan News Staff