March 11, 2019 (AMN) — Project Rising will be hosting an Albion Action Plan Meeting Scheduled for Wednesday March 20th, 2019. Please read below for further details.
We’ve heard your ideas, Albion, now it is time to move forward with identifying the next steps to making the projects Albion needs a reality. You are invited to be a part of the planning process for potential projects that were proposed during the last year with Albion’s selection as a Project Rising Tide (PRT) community.
This meeting is intended for residents and stakeholders who are interested in learning about and discussing the PRT Action Strategies that have been suggested by the community. The next steps will require those who are willing to work together to generate the momentum needed to address Albion’s priorities.
Potential Action Strategies include:
• Research and identify best practices for workforce development including support for both employees and employers
• Explore DNR funding opportunities for Albion’s trails, river, and dam(s)
• Identify resources to improve housing
If you are unable to attend and interested in learning more and/or supporting any potential project(s)/focus area(s), please contact Albion’s Community Development Fellow, Linda LaNoue at 517-960-2029 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Message the Rising Tide Albion FB page.
The work that has led up to this meeting includes the following:
• Initial steering committee meeting to identify key issues was held in May 2018
• Follow-up meetings to narrow list of focus areas, as well as meeting with the governor occurred over the summer to confirm five primary areas that the steering committee wanted to work on
• Public input sessions were held in early fall for each of the five focus areas to hear from the community about the highest priority projects within each focus area
• Following the public meetings, the steering committee reconvened to discuss public feedback and identify 1-3 priority projects from each public meeting
If you are new to the Project Rising Tide efforts in Albion, the following areas are identified as the most critical priorities:
The primary Action Strategies that will be discussed relate to each of the priority areas and Albion’s Redevelopment Ready Communities (RRC) certification process.
The public is also welcome to attend the PRT Steering Committee meeting just prior to the Action Strategies meeting at 5:30pm. Linda, Albion’s Community Development Fellow, will also be available at 5pm to discuss specific projects and other items related to Project Rising Tide.”
Project Rising Tide