FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEWednesday,
July 29, 2020 (Marshall, MI) – Information Regarding August 4, 2020 Primary Election. The registered voters of Calhoun County may still obtain an Absentee Ballot for the August 4, 2020 Primary. Please contact your local city or township clerk to obtain an application to vote absentee or go to www.michigan.gov/votefor an application.
- Obtain an absentee ballot via First Class mail through Friday, July 31, 2020 by 5 p.m. (MCL 168.759)
- Obtain an absentee ballot in person in the local city or township clerk’s office up to 4 p.m. on Monday, August 3, 2020. (MCL 168.761)
- Election Day registrants may obtain and vote an absentee ballot by appearing, in person, in their local city or township clerk’s office until 8 p.m. on election day or vote in person in the proper precinct. (MCL 168.761)
- Track their absentee ballot status at www.michigan.gov/vote.
- Vote in person at their local polling location from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, August 4, 2020.
- After July 20, 2020 anyone who qualifies as an elector may register to vote in person with proof of residency (MCL 168.492) at the appropriate local city or township clerk’s office.
- Absentee ballots must be returned to the voters local city or township clerk by 8 p.m. on Election Day.
- A complete list of candidates and proposals may be obtained at the Calhoun County Clerk’s Office in Marshall, or at www.calhouncountymi.gov/elections.